- "The Highs and Lows of Domestic Sound Insulation - Some Problems and Solutions Associated with Achieving High Performance Standards for New Sustainable Homes and the Low Performance Standards in our Existing Housing Stock" by BAP Associate David Trew and Acoustic Consultant Tom Galikowski, has been selected for the forthcoming IOA Annual Spring Conference 2013 to be held on 13th May in East Midlands Conference Centre in Nottingham.
- Earlier this month, we played hosts to 14 graduate students and their tutors from the MSc course in Lighting at the Bartlett School of Architecture. For their term project, the students were looking at our office spaces and are now preparing lighting proposals for them. At the end of term, the students will be presenting their projects to us.
- This month we welcomed two new additions to the acoustics team - Jonathan Baldwin, Acoustic Graduate and Jake Mroz, Acoustician.
- This month, BAP celebrated its 50th Anniversary at the Langham, London. The evening was a wonderful and memorable affair, here's to the next 50 years!
- The Police Rehabilitation Centre: maintenance works have been completed to the original Grade II listed Flint House building; the works involved repairs to chimneys, windows, stonework and lead-work. In addition, cleaning of roof tiles, stonework and flint took place.
- The Police Rehabilitation Centre: the last phase of a 3 year project to develop the Centre has now been successfully completed. The works included 11 and 14 bed extensions; physiotherapy, gymnasium and kitchen extensions, together with refurbishment of existing bedrooms and staff changing facilities and car park alterations.
- BAP's Peter Henson, Matt White and Tom Galikowski grab the joint first and third places in a tennis tournament organised by Mace WCEC (British Museum) project team which took place on Tuesday, 14th August at the Regents Park Tennis Club.
- Barking Skills College: due for completion at the end of August. Almost there!
- Dunsfold Aerodrome has been granted permission to extend its flying hours during the London 2012 Olympics, a successful post PPG24 planning application.
- We have recently welcomed Enneric Valmorin, graduate in Acoustics and Vibration Engineering, to the team.
- This year, BAP is proud to announce that it will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary.
- Barking Skills College: with 9 weeks to go before completion, milestone reached as crane dismantled and scaffold struck.
- Last month saw the opening of a new runway extension at London Southend Airport, after Rochford Council finally gave the green light.