Client: Louth Playgoers Society
Architect: Marsh & Grochowski
Location: Louth, Lincolnshire
Completion: March 2002
- 250-seat auditorium, with proscenium, formed from a converted drill hall
- New-build, flexible studio theatre. Used for musical theatre, dance, cabaret and jazz
BAP Acoustics Team provided the following services:
- Carried out an environmental survey to determine the ambient noise conditions on site, for planning purposes.
- Advised on the control of noise emissions from roof mounted plant.
- Advised on construction/refurbishment of the building envelope to exclude external noise.
- Provided advice on the form, shape and size and distribution of finishes in both auditoria to ensure good acoustic conditions.
- Undertook commissioning tests in the completed auditoria to ensure compliance with acoustic design standards.